- 1-2 packages of liquid yeast
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup dry light malt extract
- 1 - 2 pints water
- Glass container capable of being fitted with an airlock
- "Pop" the liquid yeast and allow to swell. Do nothing else until
the liquid yeast is ready to use.
- Boil the dry light malt extract in the water for 10 minutes Allow
it to cool to room temp.
- Add the liquid yeast Shake very well to get lots of air (oxygen)
dissolved in it.
- Wait for it to get active. Pitch into 5 gallons of wort when it
becomes very active.